About ASD Services
Services are available to children and students who are identified as having an educational eligibility for ASD services and have been referred by the local school districts or EI/ECSE program.
For school-age children referrals for an evaluation are made by a student’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP) team or their district’s special education office. For children Birth to Five referrals are made through their early intervention or early childhood special education team.
The High Desert Education Service District’s Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) specialists partner with school district staff to provide comprehensive evaluations for children and students who may have ASD. Evaluations include:
- Developmental profile
- Behavioral observations
- Direct interactions with children/students
- Communication assessment
- Medical statement
- Any other assessment necessary to determine educational impact
The High Desert Education Service District partners with schools to provide support in the following areas:
- Development of Individual Education Plans (IEP) or Individual Family Support Plans (IFSP)
- Curriculum adaptation
- Environmental modifications
- Social skills
- Behavioral Supports
- Daily living skills
- Transition support
- Training for Teachers & Staff
- Individual and group training to support teachers and school staff who work with students who have ASD is also available through the High Desert Education Service District.