AEM – How to Assess
How do we decide which format is appropriate for students to access their materials?
If the student requires things to be read aloud to them, but you are unsure which works best for them; human voice or computer voice the Protocols for Accommodations in Reading (PAR) can help.
The PAR compares reading levels and comprehension using:
- Students oral reading
- An adult voice reading the text
- A digital voice reading the text
Click here to download a free PAR One on One kit
If the student requires braille or large print, please contact your vision specialist.
PAR in action video
- Oregon Technology Access Program
- Center for Applied Special Education Technology
- Center For Technology & Disability
- PACER Center
- Central Oregon Disability Support Network
- National Center On Universal Design For Learning
- Quality Indicators For Assistive Technology
- High Incidence Assistive Technology
- Deschutes Public Library
- ConnSense Report