HDESD Social Media Rules of Engagement
The High Desert Education Service District (HDESD) social media presences—which include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, Flickr, and Instagram—are intended to inform and engage with our Central Oregon HDESD students, families, staff and the community, and to celebrate and support our schools, students and teachers. These pages are a limited public forum subject to moderation by HDESD staff. We welcome your comments and dialogue and respect your right to disagree, but expect all users to maintain civility and respect when posting and to abide by these rules of engagement and the respective social media platforms’ codes of conduct.
HDESD reserves the right to remove any comment that:
- Incites or promotes violence, illegal activities, alcohol or drug use, or other activities that could reasonably lead to a material and substantial disruption to school system operations.
- Contains abusive, profane, obscene, vulgar, or sexually explicit language or graphics. This includes masked words (***), acronyms and abbreviations. Please note that we use automatic comment filtering, so any comment containing profanity will automatically be hidden.
- Contains harassing, threatening, or defamatory language.
- Disparages any individual or group based on race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.
- Contains sensitive or confidential personal information, including personally identifiable student information or personnel information.
- Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service.
- Is repetitive or unrelated to the original post.
- Contains SPAM, links to other sites, chain letters, pyramid schemes or fraudulent or deceptive messages.
- Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates.
- Infringes on copyrights or trademarks.
- Violates a HDESD policy, Oregon law, or federal law.
HDESD does not sponsor or endorse any content posted on these pages by third-party users, and reserves the right to ban future posts from users who repeatedly violate these rules of engagement. All content published on these pages is subject to the Oregon Public Records Law.
These pages are not monitored 24/7. Please direct any comments or questions about our social media profiles to our communications team by email at email@example.com. If you have a complaint related to HDESD, a HDESD school, or staff member, please file it in accordance with the HDESD complaint procedure GBM/KL-AR.
If you are a student in crisis, please text NEEDHELP to 8511, call 1-800-273-TALK, or call 911.