Transition Network

The High Desert Education Service District’s Transition Network helps students ages 16 to 21 with intellectual and developmental disabilities transition to independent and productive lives after high school. To make this happen, we partner directly with students and their families, as well as educators throughout school districts in Central Oregon. We provide tools, outreach, technical assistance and training opportunities to support students in their successful transition from high school to employment or secondary education.

We are a part of the Transition Technical Assistance Network (TTAN), a collective serving the state of Oregon that includes:

  • Transition Network Facilitators (TNFs) and Support Specialists
  • Pre-Employment Transition Services (PRE-ETS) Coordinators
  • Youth Transition Program Technical Assistance Providers (YTP TAPs)
  • Regional Employment Specialists

The TTAN is organized by the Oregon Department of Education (ODE), State of Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation (VR), and the Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS).



Transition Technical Assistance Network (TTAN)

The Transition Technical Assistance Network (TTAN) is a great source of lessons, interviews, websites, and other resources collected by and for educators supporting postsecondary transition for Oregon students with disabilities.


Vocational Rehabilitation (VR)

Vocational Rehabilitation​ (VR) assists individuals with disabilities to get and keep a job that matches their skills, interests and abilities. VR staff work in partnership with the community and businesses to provide services that are individualized to help each eligible person receive services that are essential to their employment success. Learn more about Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) on the Oregon Department of Human Resources (DHS) website.

County VR Office Contact:

  • Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson Counties (541) 388-6336 (Warm Springs-Tribal VR (541) 553-4952)
  • Wheeler County (541) 506-5260 (Spray and Mitchell (541) 388-6336)
  • Lake County (541) 883-5614

Pre-ETS Services Learn More About Pre-ETS Services

-Pre-ETS Coordinator (971) 718-4054


Oregon Commission for the Blind

Oregon Commission for the Blind helps people who are blind and visually impaired be more independent, continue their education, and be a fully connected part of their communities. Find contact information for your local Oregon Commission for the Blind.


Developmental Disabilities Program (DD)

The Developmental Disabilities Program serves eligible adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Services include service coordination, abuse investigation, intake and eligibility, and program development. Learn More About Developmental Disability Services

Crook County Best Care (541) 323-5330

Deschutes County (541) 322-7554

Jefferson County Best Care (541) 475-6575

Lake County (541) 947-0279

Wheeler County (541) 676-9161

Office of Developmental Disability Service (ODDS) Specialist

Erika Drake (541) 232-8754


Support Services Brokerage

Learn More About Brokerage Services

Oregon’s Transition Resource Handbook: Moving Forward Together

Oregon’s Transition Resource Handbook: Moving Forward Together serves as guidance to educators, administrators, and their partners, including parents, agency partners, and stakeholders across Oregon. As of April 1, 2021, it includes an important Addendum with updates to the State Expectations. The Handbook is being revised and will be available in September 2021. Read the Transition Resource Handbook on the Transition Technical Assistance Network (TTAN) website.


Guardianship, Conservatorship and Other Options in Oregon

When a family member or friend needs help making decisions, it can be hard to know what to do. This booklet summarizes a few legal and other

tools available in Oregon designed to help the person make decisions. Read on the Guardianship, Conservatorship and Other Options in Oregon booklet on the Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) website.


State of Oregon Benefits Counseling and Work Incentives

The State of Oregon’s Benefits and Work Incentive Counseling services help people with disabilities make informed decisions about work, benefits and the use of work incentives to achieve their employment goals, as well as helping them navigate the benefits system when they begin working. Learn more about Benefits and Work Incentive Counseling.


Ablefind Disability Resources

AbleFind is a searchable database for disability related services in Oregon.


Transition Pathway to Adulthood

Transition Pathway to Adulthood is a guide to your student’s transition to adulthood.



School District Transition Services

Crook County School District 

(541) 693-5717

Redmond School District

(541) 923-5437

Jefferson County Education Service District

(541) 475-2804

Sisters School District

(541) 549-3196

Wheeler County

(541) 693-5717


Transition Network Blog

Contact Information

Marguerite Blackmore

Transition Network Facilitator/Autism Specialist

Oregon Transition Educator Resources Website

P: 541.693.5717


High Desert Education Service District
Bend Education Center
520 NW Wall St.
Bend, OR 97703
Phone: 541.693.5700
Toll Free: 1.866.910.2833
Fax: 541.638.9648

Follow Us!