Google Apps for Education
The Oregon Department of Education has completed an agreement with Google for its free Google Apps for Education that meets student protection and privacy requirements.
Google Apps domains are available for any public K-12 school district and Educational Service District in Oregon that wants to sign up through ODE. Google advertising is turned off by default for all accounts. The services available to educators and students are:
- E-mail (GMail)
- E-mail filtering and protection (Postini suite)
- Shared contacts (Google Contacts)
- Calendar (Google Calendar)
- Online documents (Google Docs)
- Private online discussion groups (Google Groups)
- Audio and video conferencing (Google Talk)
- Private streaming video (Google Video)
- Web site creation (Google Sites and Google Pages)
District staff training is available through the ORVSD training team and HSESD.
Contact Steve Prull if you would like to discuss training email@example.com
|Resources for Teachers||Resources for Tech Staff|