The High Desert Education Service District Home School office registers and provides support for home schooled students and their parents who reside in Crook and Deschutes counties. Services include general consultation and information about home schooling, monitoring of overall compliance with home school notification and testing requirements and maintenance of student records.
The Home School office will be CLOSED the week of August 11th. If you would like to register your child as a home school student, please visit our "About Home School" link on the upper left hand side of this page. A link to the Notification of Intent to Home School form can be found on this page.
None at this time. Enjoy your summers!
2014 Testing Information:
Tests approved by the State of Oregon for assessment of home schooled students are:
- Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills /Terra Nova
- IOWA Tests of Basic Skills / Tests of Achievement and Proficiency
- Metropolitan Achievement Battery
- Stanford Achievement Test Battery
- High Desert Education Service District (HDESD) requests that test results be submitted to our office no later than September 30th 2014.