When should I refer a child for screening and evaluation?

Grandma and Granddaughter looking at Ipad

Refer a child when a delay is suspected in how they:

      • See
      • Hear
      • Talk
      • Walk
      • Respond to Others
      • Play
      • Learn

Who can make a referral?:

      • Families
      • Chid Care Providers
      • Preschools
      • Friends
      • Physicians
      • Any Community Agency

To refer a child for screening and evaluation, refer to the below contact information for the county the child resides in. 

To submit a referral online, click here.

Deschutes and Crook Counties

Birth to Two years old:

Mary Stenga


Phone: (541) 312-1947

Fax: (541) 638-9649

Three to Five years old:

Tami Corbin


Phone: (541) 312-1948

Fax: (541) 638-9649

Jefferson County

Birth to Fivc years old:

Bekki Tucker


Phone: (541) 546-6841

Fax: (541) 638-9643