- All children birth to five years of age can be referred for a screening or evaluation.
- Anyone can make a referral regarding an infant, toddler or preschooler suspected of having a developmental delay, including problems in how they:
- Respond to others
- Most screenings are completed at the home. During the screening an intake specialist will complete a screening questionnaire and answer your questions. If the results show delays an evaluation is offered.
- When possible, evaluations are conducted in the family’s home community. Current evaluation sites are located in Bend (Alyce Hatch Center), Redmond (Manzanita Building), Prineville (Prineville Education Center), and Madras (Jefferson Education Service District).
- Evaluations are completed by specialists and your input and assistance play an important role in collecting accurate information. Evaluations include an observation of the child in a comfortable setting, in-depth interviews with family members and a standardized assessment of a child’s development areas of concern.
- If your child is found eligible, you and a team of professionals work together to identify the child’s current levels of development and what skills the child needs to learn. Team members identify how the child’s educational and family goals will be met. This is called an Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP) to develop an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP). This plan identifies goals for your child and details services.
· Please contact us to start your referral.