DHH Resources For Educators
Here are two simulations that give the listener an idea of the impact of different degrees of hearing loss.
The Flintstones Hearing Simulator
Cochlear Implant Simulator
This is a simulation of a cochlear implant demonstrating how the quality of sound varies, depending on the number of channels the implant has or uses.
Hear The World (song) Hearing Simulator
About Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Services
A wide range of services are available to support students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in academic and social situations. These services include:
- Small group instruction
- Sign Language Interpreter (SLI) services
- Facilitation of Foundational Listening and Spoken Language (LSL)
- Social and self-advocacy skills
- Support for individuals with deafblindness and their families
All specialized instruction is designed to meet each student’s individual needs.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing services are available for individuals who are birth to 21 and satisfy the following:
- Meet Deaf and Hard of Hearing eligibility criteria, as documented by an Audiologist
- Have been evaluated by a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Meet residency requirements
For an evaluation, please contact the student’s classroom teacher or service provider.
Students with hearing loss may be eligible for assistive technology services.