A wide range of services are available to support students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing in academic and social situations. These services include:
- Small group instruction
- Sign language interpreter services
- Facilitation of foundational listening and spoken language skills
- Social and self advocacy skills
- Support for children with deafblindness and their families is available through the regional consulting deafblind teacher.
All specialized instruction is designed to meet each student’s individual needs.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing services are available for children who:
- Meet State Eligibility Criteria for Deaf and Hard of Hearing documented by an Audiologist
- Have been evaluated by an Audiologist and a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Are age birth to 21
- Meet residency requirements
For an evaluation contact the students teacher.
Students with hearing loss may be eligible for assistive technology.
Areas served include Deschutes, Crook, Wheeler, Jefferson, Harney, Gilliam and Sherman Counties as well as the The Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs.