High Desert ESD is proud to continue our annual, organization-wide book club. For this 2018 We Read, we have chosen Mahzarin Banaji and Anthony G. Greenwald’s Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People. We invite HDESD staff to join this discovery opportunity. The outcomes and things we hope to accomplish include discussion and reflection on the nature of our work. This shared learning can take various forms and formats. We encourage you to help us build the We Read.
Here’s what you need to know for now:
- You can receive a copy of the book by signing up on the form below.
- We have paper and digital format available, at no cost to you.
- On the sign-up form, we’re also asking for input on how you would like to participate. In addition to selecting from the handful of brainstormed ideas, please feel free to add your own.
- We will follow-up with information about face-to-face and virtual discussion opportunities.
- The We Read is an opportunity that is entirely optional. You are not required to read or participate in a group.
- We will announce details in October. Happy reading!